Monday, July 21, 2008

Looking good

I want to look good for my return trip to NYC. And by good, I mean when I go to NYU's info session, I want to seduce the admissions officers into throwing fantastic education/financial packages at me.

Like, "Dang girl, you're so fine. Here's $500,000 to come to our school and just look pretty." Of course that scenario is totally realistic. As realistic as Bill Clinton falling in love with me and asking me to join Hillary and him in the hottest political menage a trois ever.

I went to the fitness center this morning to get a quick run in. I worked on walking uphill in the hopes of establishing buns of steel. I then started my 5k. In the middle of the run, as I'm cranking up the pace, I realize I'm surrounded by a crowd of senior citizens. Why? Because an old man thrown down was about to happen!

There was an older gentleman on either side of me. The treadmill two to the right was open. A middle aged woman got on and started walking. She wasn't on there more than 30 seconds when an old man came and stood right next to her and started lecturing her. About "stealing" machines and not waiting her turn. The woman stopped walking and was like "Are you serious? This machine has been open for 5 minutes." But the old man kept rambling and going on and on about how she cut in line and didn't wait and you can't "reserve" machines and just show up when you want. The woman finally just threw her towel in the air and walked off.

The old man got on the treadmill and said hi to the men on either side of me and said how good it was to have buddies at the gym. Three minutes later, he and the man to the left of me traded machines so they could each have time in front of the fan. Wtf.

So to "punish" them and their backdoor dealings, I stayed on my treadmill and turned down the pace just enough so that I could run and talk at the same time, and sang along to songs on my ipod outloud.

Songs I sang to:
"I Kissed a Girl" - Katy Perry
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
"Fourth Drink Instinct" - Cute is What We Aim For

She's doesn't deserve to be in a place like this
All alone
She's underage and so very very brave
A fake ID lent her credibility
She sits at the bar
The gents are gonna try so hard

He said it was a one night stand
But the alcohol didn't let her understand
Yeah, he said it was a one night stand
A one night stand
"Let's Make Love in the Club" - Usher

You ever made love to a thug
In the club with his sights on
'87 jeans
And a fresh pair of Nike's on

On the couch, on the table
On the bar or on the floor
You can meet me in the bathroom



Oh man, I'm such a good workout partner.


No comments: