Friday, July 11, 2008

Chinese Bakery Delicious

I feel bad for the lack of pictures and my poor description of the baked goods we encountered in Chinatown. To make up for my failures, I googled pictures of what we ate.

Dim Sum

This is some delicious pork and shrimp shu mai. Mine didn't look this fancy (there was no green pea on mine), but it did come in a nice bamboo steamer.

This is a steamed shrimp roll. The wrap is made from rice noodles and when you bite into it, you'll sink your teeth into plump steamed shrimp. Big got hers with scallions, but instead of being wrapped up, they were actually mixed into the rice noodle. She said it was just very doughy, but she did like the "special sauce" aka soy sauce.

I can't find really appetizing/accurate pictures of the rest of our meal, so I'll just move onto our baked goods.

Chinese Bakery = Chinese melt in your mouth

Coconut cream bun
Sesame balls. And to re-emphasize, I googled all these pictures to make up for my lack of foresight. Our food looked very similar to all of the above, please don't sue me.

Egg custard tart.
Moon cake.

Oh man, googling images is hard work. I'm pretty sure I've worked up a sweat.

No comments: