Friday, July 25, 2008

I Want to Believe


It was everything I had dreamed of and more. Big and I went to the midnight showing. We were almost late because I decided I wanted to sneak in some delicious treats. I spent probably 20 minutes in the grocery store deciding whether or not I wanted a sandwich. Big stood there and made fun of me. She also pointed my predicament out to the bakery guys (they are on a first name basis because of how often she buys rainbow cookies).

The theater was gigantic. We walked in and there were signs directing us to the "mezzanine." Of course I'm sitting upstairs, fool! We got fantastic seats and as previews were starting, I abruptly decided I wanted popcorn, despite our bagful of goodies we had snuck in. I got my popcorn and put my own little dash of melted butter on it. But melted butter never sinks down and the top always gets too soggy and the bottom is too unbuttered. I figured if I shook the bag, it'd be ok. I shook it too hard and with my hands full, not only shook half the bag of popcorn out all over the counter/floor, ended up dropping the entire bag. I momentarily contemplated scooping the abandoned popcorn back into the bag. Leave no kernel behind. I'm sure it tasted the same regardless.

Since it was a midnight showing and they were putting popcorn away for the day, they felt bad and gave me another bag. Yaaaah. Then I stumbled up the stairs and into the theater, interrrupting the previews for these horrible scary movies.

I love X-Files. <3.

No comments: